Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Announcement of Name

Over and over again in the movie A Little Princess, Sarah proclaims all girls are princesses. I truly believe that all girls are princesses and I want to foster idea that with my clothing. After much deliberation I have decided to name my business Adrian Morgan. Even though I don't have a logo to go with it I believe this name best invokes the impression I want my clothing to have. Mysterious, romantic, dreamlike, timeless. It literally means Dark Edge of the Sea. Personally I really like that. When I think of a dark edge of the sea I think of Arthurian legends and other fairytales and fantasies. As if conjuring up those images wasn't enough Adrian Morgan has an easy rhythm to it. It just sounds right coming off your tongue.


Thank you to everyone that gave their opinions on my business name. Each one of you really did help me. It truly was not without much consideration that I came to my conclusion. I know there has been some concern over the name of my business having anything to do with Dan, especially since we are not formally engaged. I personally approached Mr. and Mrs. Morgan and spoke with them regarding my business. I asked their permission and was clear that if they had anything against Adrian Morgan I would choose something different. Both Mr. and Mrs. Morgan gave me their full support.



I have started setting up an Etsy shop which you can find here: AdrianMorgan.etsy.com
I have also started a facebook page so anyone with a facebook can become a fan. Not a personal account, it is a business page. Search Adrian Morgan on facebook and it should be the first page that comes up. If you are not seeing it make sure you are viewing pages, not groups or people.

Tonight and tomorrow night Dan and I are attending some business seminars. One of the next things I will be working on is designing and ordering business cards. But before I can do that I need to get an e-mail address specifically for the business... still thinking on that. Oh! And I need to find out where to go to submit a Doing Business As form so that I will officially be official. 

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the name -- good decision :D I'm so excited for you and your business and all the amazing things you will do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristin! That is so encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and once you get everything finalized with a website and things, let me know. I'll give you a shout-out on my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see where your business goes - will be watching with much interest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg! As I was growing up I made a sign with a quote from A Little Princess and posted it up over my bed: "All girls are princesses, it is our right." It's a great movie to draw inspiration from. ;)

    ReplyDelete