Monday, December 14, 2009

Grommet Press


Hello! I know I haven't up-dated in awhile. =( Things have been slow around here for the past few weeks. I have been waiting for my grommet press to show up. It finally came this past weekend! I need to experiment with it a bit more before I can start using it on my clothing. But I am really excited about this piece of equipment. It is going to be so helpful! Alright, here is a photo of the press... TaDa! If you have never put in a grommet before you are probably looking at that thing like "whhhaaaat?" Yeah, well don't worry, you don't have to understand it, because I do, and that is important enough. I use grommets a lot in my clothing designs. Especially for corsets and such, but also on skirts.



See here in this waistband, those two little metal circles are grommets. Well half of them anyway, because grommets are made of two parts.This next photo just begins to explain how I have been putting grommets in all these years.



Alright, now I have to run because I need to take my laptop and my nano in to get worked on! My laptop case is chipping for the THIRD time! Seriously, this is ridiculous. And my nano is apparently dead. It won't even charge or anything. Grr. Oh yeah, and I am going to be really busy this weekend due to babysitting my siblings while my parents go out of town and then next week is Christmas... also... I have some injured muscles in my left arm/chest/back area... so I can't really do much with that arm at all! It is pretty painful. :-/ I am really eager to get back to sewing though... I have so many ideas! Hopefully l will be feeling better from that in the next weeks. k. gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment