Friday, March 06, 2009

Hope Chest

Hope for the future with Obama's chest!

Ok, no, not that kind of chest.
A hope chest... is a chest used to collect items of clothing or household linen, by unmarried young women in anticipation of married life. From: Wikipedia.com

I have a hope chest. I think I received it for my 12th birthday. When I was younger I made a list of things to start collecting, but I never got anything and as I got older I sorta put the idea of a hope chest behind me. I saw several of my girlfriends get married and recieve everything they needed and more at their bridal showers. Why wouldn't it be the same for me?

Then I started thinking. I won't be getting married for another 3-5 years or so and considering the way our economy is going I think it would be wise to start providing for my future home myself. Many people may want to give me gifts for my marriage, but won't financially be able to. Also, I am very picky about my baking tools. They have to feel just right in my hand. So, I think now I really am going to start collecting. I will be able to find just what I want that may not be at the store I would register at and I can watch out for sales!

So, I have now started collecting things. I can't wait for garage sale season to start! I also keep an eye out in my local dollar store. This past summer I picked some really great drinking glasses there.

No comments:

Post a Comment