Tuesday, April 06, 2010

3,000 cal/day - Week 1

Alright, so I saw a nutritionist a little more than a week ago. She helped me with some ideas of what foods to eat. We decided to start me at 3,000 calories a day. Ah! Before last week I don't know if I had ever eaten that much in one day. So, she suggested that I eat 500 calories 6 times a day. Wow. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. 

Eating smaller amounts more often makes the actual eating much more manageable. But that doesn't solve the time issue. If I am going to fit in what I need I must eat no more than 3 hours apart. Preferably closer to 2 hours. This means I spend a lot of time just preparing food, eating and cleaning up. It feels like by the time I finish eating one meal/snack it is time for the next one. 

I am learning more about food. Getting to know how much calories certain items have in them. Ice cream is not really my friend. Only 150 cal per half cup. Cheesecake is better at almost 500 cal per slice. Nuts are high in calories. I have added avocado to my tacos and taquitos.  Oh oh! I drink a lot more juice. Easy way to add 100 cal. 

 So anyway, all said and done I had some really successful days last week and some fail days. By the end of the week my stomach was feeling kinda sick. Hopefully that was simply because it wasn't used to the volume of food it was processing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment