Friday, February 05, 2010

And Life Goes On...

Yesterday after school I was really stressed. Dan had special training for work all day, which meant I didn't get to see him at school. Normally wouldn't be so bad. but... I had to be in Sociology all by myself. Pretty much that feels like a battle ground because I have a different opinion than everyone else in the class. Really made me appreciate Dan even more, but I was still feeling down. So after class I dragged my wounded self over to Dan's house. 

He had bought me some amazing pasta and a smoothie! Mmmm. Filled my tummy. =) But alas... the four papers and two exams and various other assignments I had coming up were really really getting to me. No matter how hard Dan tried to cheer me up.  Even after playing Little Big Planet for 2 hours, which did in fact make me smile, I still couldn't shake off the stress.

So today I went to school and dropped one of my classes. I didn't need it for anything. I was just taking it because I thought it would be interesting, but it was turning in to a nightmare. Wayyyy too much homework and the textbook was gibberish. I wasn't able to get a refund for the class and I will now have a "W" on my transcript, but it won't affect my GPA. 

I am trying to take more control of my life. Do things that matter to me and make me happy. This is one of them. In the grand scheme of things it isn't going to matter that I dropped a class. It is going to matter that I was less stressed. Stress isn't healthy. I am going to use the "extra" time to focus on things I want to do.  My happiness is totally worth it. I am much much more content following the path I know I am supposed to take. Hopefully now I will be able to get a better handle on my schedule and find some time for sewing! Other things I am putting in more time for include eating right and working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment