Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Arrival

I am here in Pasadena! I don't have any pictures to put up... and I don't know where my camera battery charger is. I couldn't find it before I even left. I might have left it at Dan's house. I am really not sure. Sooo, you could pray that it is found and gets sent to me.

The flight was jam packed full. I had an aisle seat, which I am thankful for. I don't like asking other passengers to get up. The flight was terribly cold! I wore a dress. Next time I am wearing pants and shoes and socks.

We checked all my baggage (four suitcases and 2 boxes). One of the boxes got ripped open pretty good, but as far as I can tell I am not missing anything. Thank God for that!

So, I got into my dorm room yesterday afternoon and got all my things put away. There is a lot of storage space in the room. The room seems to have swallowed up all my things. There is plenty of drawer space. My closet is not jam packed. It actually feels pretty good! My room-mate is Rachel. Her favorite color is also purple. Also, she wanted the bed in the middle of the room, so I got the bed I wanted! Right by the wall. I like it this way so I don't feel like I am falling off. Even my queen size bed at home I have pushed up against the wall.

Orientation started at 8 o'clock this morning with a group breakfast outside. It was pretty cool outside! Only 61 degrees. It didn't warm up till at least 11 o'clock. It warm now, but still cool in the shade. There are only seven (four girls, three boys) other students. It is a pretty small class. Although I have a short break now orientation continues through the rest of the day. As soon as possible I will make a post about my daily schedule and a post with information for anyone who wants to visit me.

3 comments:

  1. yay, the adventure begins! can't wait to see all your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaaay! I'm so excited for you :D :D praying your charger is found because it would be a shame not to get any pictures ;) praying for you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your prayers Kristin. They are much appreciated. =)

    ReplyDelete